Treadmills are the most popular aerobic exercise machines, and choosing a treadmill mat will help you get the most out of your workout. The best treadmills mat is an important part of your fitness routine and your health.
Having a good treadmill mat will protect your floors and is a great way to keep your home safe, reduce the risk of injury or slip and fall, and keep you warm during winter exercise.
There are plenty of treadmills mats on the market, and you should consider your budget and lifestyle when you are looking for the best heavy-duty treadmill mats.
It may seem like a simple product, but one of the most important things in your home is the floor you walk on daily.
Whether it’s your garage floor, your kitchen or hallway floor, or your workout floor at the gym, it’s important to invest in quality flooring that’s built to last.
Related: Best Heavy Duty Weight Bench
Best Heavy Duty Treadmill Mats Buying Guide
One of the largest parts of a modern-day treadmill is the safety surface. Simply put, a treadmill mat is a thick pad that covers the entire surface of the treadmill and can be made of a variety of materials. The main factors to consider when shopping for a treadmill mat are the type of material, thickness, and durability.
The following are factors to put into consideration before buying one,
A treadmill mat should fit completely beneath your exercise equipment. Ideally, there will be a margin around the treadmill to provide for extra protection from equipment slipping. Most mats are 3.5 feet by 6 feet, but you should measure your treadmill before ordering to ensure the correct fit.
Choosing the right mat for your flooring surface is essential. If you have hard-surface floorings such as tile, vinyl, laminate or hardwood, you’ll need a thick mat that provides great shock absorption. If you have carpeted floors, you’ll need a mat with both grip and thickness to keep your treadmill in place.
Sweat and water resistance
Nobody loves that sweaty sock smell that plagues so many gyms. Be sure to look for a treadmill mat that boats excellent sweat and water resistance. The ability to repel moisture will not only prevent nasty odors but will protect floors from water damage too.
If your treadmill slips while you’re using it, floors are likely to get damaged. Treadmill movement can also throw you off balance or jolt you from the machine during your run. Choose a mat that features a gripping, non-slip surface designed to hold the treadmill in place.
It’s also a good idea to read user reviews of the mat to learn about any potential slippage problems. Some mats are advertised for all flooring surfaces but only perform well on either hard-surface or carpeted floors.
Some treadmill mats have an unpleasant, plastic-like odour. This is a byproduct of the production process and generally wears off over time. However, you can skip on heavy odors by reading user reviews of mats and choosing a PVC option over foam if possible.
Look for treadmill mats that are made in the U.S. from sustainably sourced raw materials. Most of the mats made from these materials are low odor or odor-free.
Most treadmill mats are 1/4 inch thick. However, some options are 3/8 inch thick. The thicker choice is preferable if you need to protect a delicate flooring surface. You should also choose a thicker mat if your treadmill is a heavier, commercial-grade model.
Mat density can also affect noise absorption. Foam mats that are at least 1/4 inch thick generally perform well when it comes to minimizing noise. PVC mats generally need to be a bit thicker to achieve the same noise-reducing effects.
Some treadmill mats offer a manufacturer’s warranty against defects and damage that shouldn’t be caused by regular wear and tear. While a warranty shouldn’t be the most important factor in buying, it is a great idea to opt for a mat that offers one if possible.
Your treadmill weight and your weight play a big role when choosing a treadmill mat. If you are plus size, you definitely go for a heavy duty treadmill and this in return will call for a heavy duty treadmill mat…
Related: Best Heavy-Duty Pull-Up Bars
Best Heavy Duty Treadmill Mats Reviews
The Balance from Go Fit High-Density Treadmill Mat is a good idea, providing a non-slip surface and comfortable padding.
But it doesn’t roll up or folds, and it isn’t very easy to store or move around.
- The mat weighs 6.5 pounds.
- High-density mats shield your flooring and carpets from heavy exercising equipment’s
- 3-feet x 6.5-feet will be large enough for most treadmills, elliptical machines, and other different exercising equipment’s
- Absorbs vibration and reduces noise caused by all sorts of equipment while prolonging the life of your equipment
- With high-density material, the premium mat properly protects both your floor and your equipment.
- The mat is designed with rigid patterns on both sides. So it won’t slide around while being used.
- Made of high-density material to protect any floor type from being damaged by heavy equipment.
- The mat has 2 years limited warranty.
- Made of PVC materials, so it can be a yoga mat or exercise mat as well.
- It is made with a pattern design to prevent machines from moving around.
- The moisture-resistant and high-quality material make the mat to be easily washed.
- The mat ensures comfort for most equipment such as exercise bikes, treadmills etc.
- It is of high density.
- The mat is anti-slip.
- It is not stable or thick enough for large workout equipment.
- The mat bleeds onto the carpet.
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty treadmill mat, you’ve come to the right place. At Sunny Health & Fitness, we know that fitness is not just about how you look. It’s about how you feel inside and out.
To help you get there, we’ve compiled a review of this most popular treadmills mat reviewed the mat has been carefully chosen for its durability, cushioning, and quality.
- The does not bleed onto the carpet and easy to clean with just a damp cloth.
- It has a pattern design to prevent machines from moving around
- The durable and water-resistant exercising mat prevents the life of your equipment by helping prevent floor and carpet dust from entering belts and mechanical parts
- Made with high-density EVA foam material for long-lasting and comfortable.
- It absorbs vibration to shield your fitness equipment and floor surfaces from scratches.
- Non-slip, high-density, non-slip performance mat offer extraordinary sturdiness and cushion. The unique design and textured material create an excellent balance of sturdiness and stability
- Convenient size and waterproof, the fitness floor mat is best for indoor cycling and elliptical. The mat is also waterproof and sweat-resistant, so you can easily clean it with a damp cloth. Foldable Mat
- Non-slip, high-density, non-slip performance mat provides unmatched durability and cushion. The unique design and textured material create an excellent balance of toughness and
- It is a convenient size and waterproof.
- It is made with heavy-duty material
- Available in three different sizes.
- Easy wipe, simply uses a towel or cloth to wipe away any sweat, liquids or dirt.
- Space saver and ergonomic, you simply roll your equipment mat and store it away in a utility closet or under the bed when not in use.
- garish logo, poor quality control on cutting (the edge was not straight), required heavy books to be
- The matt is made from material that may cause cancer.
Stamina mats are designed with athletes and cross-fitters in mind. They are built with a tread plate that is ergonomically designed to fit your stride and to take the pressure off of your joints.
They are also built to be lightweight and flexible, so you can exercise easily on them for longer periods.
- The mat weighs 5.0 pounds.
- The textured, non-slip pebble surface is easily cleaned.
- The mat has descent length for use with most exercise equipment like exercise bikes, rowers, treadmills, inversion tables, Pilates reformers, ellipticals, rebounders, weights, cross trainers and more
- It is divided into seven 12 inch folds
- The mat is made in 1/4″ thick closed-cell foam material.
- Weight: approximately 7 lbs
- Place under equipment to protect carpet and floors.
- The quality is excellent. It allows you to slide your equipment much easier than trying to do it just on the floor and with no scratching.
- It is easy to fold to size and does not slip at all
- The mat is thin enough to be manageable and thick enough to be durable.
- The mat is expensive.
MotionTex Exercise Equipment Mat is one of the best treadmill mats in the market today the mat rolls easily for storage in your home gym or basement.
Motion fitness equipment mats have
Non-directional top texture guarantees a slip-resistant floor, and rounded corners keep the mat from curling – reducing the chance of falling or tripping on the mat.
- The mat Thickness is 0.11 inches.
- Exercise equipment mat measuring 24 inches by 48 inches, this protective floor mat stays safely in place under most large treadmills
- The mat has floor protection, Protect your flat pile carpet and hard floors from damage, noise, and vibration caused by fitness or home gym equipment.
- Non-absorbent is designed with non-absorbent recycled PVC to repel water, sweat, grease, and other liquids during your workout.
- Non-directional top texture guarantees a slip-resistant floor, and rounded corners keep the mat from curling – reducing the chance of falling or tripping on the mat.
- Motion fitness equipment mats have a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Easy to clean, when ready to clean, simply clean with soap and water.
- The mat rolls easily for storage in your home gym or basement.
- The recycled plastic mats are easy to cut to size to use as under-sink mats, in garages, or toolboxes.
- The mat is thick and of good quality, it keeps your working equipment stable.
- The mat has a slight rubber’s smell upon delivery,
Marcy Fitness Equipment Mat and Floor Protector for Treadmills protect all floor surfaces from dirt, wear, and abrasion while protecting your treadmill from damage.
It is available in a variety of colours and is made from a durable, rubber-like material that will not scratch or mar surfaces.
Additionally, this material will not absorb moisture, so it will not change the feel of your treadmill. The surface can be washed with warm water and mild soap for a fresh, clean look.
- The mat Thickness is 0.25 inches.
- The mat weighs 5.0 pounds.
- Absorbs Impact – High-impact 1/4″ Polyfoam shape measures 36″ x 60″ reducing shock and jarring to joints.
- Stabilizes Machines it reduces noise and vibration caused by treadmills, climbers, and steppers as well as protecting fitness equipment and hard surface.
- Fitness rooms, Ideal for turning any room into fitness rooms and shield expensive hardwood floors.
- This mat can be used in home gyms, playrooms and workshops. The fitness utility mat enables to eliminate noise and vibration while it protects hardwood floors, tile floors and carpets.
- This mat will keep your workout area looking new, It is ideal for treadmills, and stationary bikes.
- You can roll my treadmill proper on top with no problem.
- It’s not too thick or bulky
- The mat itself is extremely easy to clean as well and would not soak up a sweat at all,
- The material from which it is made has accurate absorbency, however, it can be torn by moving metal part(s) from your gym equipment
- It is difficult to get heavy exercising gadget like a huge treadmill (200+) onto this mat properly.
- it compresses much too easily
- The mat seems like it could rip quite easily, make sure you lift your treadmill on it.
These days, treadmills are everywhere. Whether you’re exercising inside or outside the house, you should have a treadmill mat. Most treadmills have a mat, but the ones without one can leave you vulnerable to floor scratches and slips.
The best treadmill mat is the one that’s made to protect your floors from scratching or slipping. It’s also used to increase your workout intensity while a treadmill is used as a standing desk. What are some of the best treadmill mats?